Amid rising cases of coronavirus, the state government of Haryana has imposed a lockdown like a restriction to keep control and contain the spread of covid 19. However, liquor vendors are open till 10:00 pm while gyms and spas are operating at 50%. The Haryana State Disaster Management Authority (HSDMA) has extended the following written guidelines till 28 January in the area till 5 AM.
Information relative of Covid Protocol
- As per the order from the Haryana government, all the theatres, cinema halls and multiplexes shall remain closed till the mentioned date.
- The malls and markets will only be open till 6 PM.
- The shops selling essential items like milk and medicine will be allowed to open at all times.
- All sports complexes, swimming pools, gyms and stadia shall remain closed except when being used for the training of sportspersons.
- B2B exhibitions and all the entertainment parks shall remain closed.
- The government and private offices, except for emergency/essential services, have been advised to function with 50 per cent staff attendance.
- A night curfew will continue from 11 PM to 5 AM in the state.
Covid 19 waste management, DO’S and DONT’S
- Caretakers of COVID-19 patients under home-care shall store the biomedical waste in the yellow coloured bag provided by Urban Local Body.
- Home-care takers shall never mix general waste with biomedical waste such as used syringes, date expired or discarded medicines, used masks/gloves etc.
- The person taking care of suspected or confirmed (asymptomatic and mild symptomatic) COVID-19 patient at home-care shall hand over the yellow bag to an authorized waste collector from urban local body or common biomedical waste treatment facility operator.
- Never dispose of used masks of suspected or confirmed (mild symptomatic or asymptomatic) COVID-19 patients in bags other than yellow bags.
- Home-care care-taker may also deposit the yellow bag at the designated deposition centre of ULB. Positive or suspected COVID-19 patients shall never use fabric mask home-made masks if any.
- General waste from home care or quarantine centre or quarantine camp shall be handed over as solid waste to the authorized waste collectors of Urban Local Body (ULB – Municipal Corporation / Municipality).
- Do not leave your used mask within the reach of others.
- Home quarantine or other households shall store used masks & gloves immediately in paper bags for a minimum of 72 hours before handing over the same to the waste collector of ULB as general solid waste.
- Do not re-use surgical masks or gloves.
- Used masks & gloves from Home quarantine or other households after keeping them aside in a paper bag for 72 hours may be cut into pieces before disposal to prevent re-use.
- Quarantine centres camps or homecare shall never store biomedical waste for more than 48 hrs.
- A person operating a quarantine camp or quarantine centre shall contact the CBWTF operator for the lifting of biomedical waste as and when generated.
- Dedicated waste collector of ULB(Municipal Body) cannot deny collection of waste from quarantine centre/quarantine camp / home-care.
- Persons operating quarantine camps or quarantine centres or care-takers of homecare may contact ULB in case of any difficulty in getting the service.
Generic preventive measures
- The physical distancing of at least 5 feet is to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Use of alcohol-based hand sanitisers (for at least 20 seconds) can be made wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes are to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to state and district helpline.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Installation & use of the AarogyaSetu App shall be advised to all.
Guidelines for home quarantine
- The home quarantined person should: Stay in a well-ventilated single-room preferably with an attached/separate toilet.
- If another family member needs to stay in the same room, it’s advisable to maintain a distance of at least 1 meter between the two.
- The infected person has to stay away from elderly people, pregnant women, children and persons with co-morbidities within the household.
- Restrict the infected person’s movement within the house.
- Under no circumstances attend any social/religious gathering e.g. weddings, condolences, etc.
- Follow the under mentioned public health measures at all times:
- Wash hands as often thoroughly with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid sharing household items e.g. dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding, or other items with other people at home.
- Wear a surgical mask all the time.
- The mask should be changed every 6-8 hours and disposed of
- Disposable masks are never to be reused.
- Masks used by patients/caregivers/ close contacts during home care should be disinfected using ordinary bleach solution (5%) or sodium hypochlorite solution (1%) and then disposed of either by burning or deep burial.
- The used mask should be considered as potentially infected.
- If symptoms appear (cough/fever/difficulty in breathing), he/she should immediately inform the nearest health centre or call 011-23978046.
- Instructions for the family members of persons being home quarantined Only an assigned family member should be tasked with taking care of the infected person.
- Avoid shaking the soiled linen or direct contact with the skin.
- Use disposable gloves when cleaning the surfaces or handling soiled linen. Wash hands after removing gloves.
- Visitors should not be allowed.
- In case the person being quarantined becomes symptomatic, all his close contacts will be home quarantined (for 14 days) and followed up for an additional 14days or till the report of such case turns out negative on lab testing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the quarantined person’s room (e.g. bed frames, tables etc.) daily with 1%Sodium Hypochlorite Solution.
- Clean and disinfect toilet surfaces daily with regular household bleach solution/phenolic disinfectants.
- Clean the clothes and other linen used by the person separately using common household detergent and dry.
Duration of home quarantine
The home quarantine period is 14 days upon contact with a confirmed case or earlier if a suspect case (of whom the index person is a contact) turns out negative on laboratory testing.